We are committed to the empowerment of our residents and stakeholders through honesty, respect and integrity. We demand good governance through transparency and accountability while respecting the community’s diversity.
Promote respect and acceptance of the community’s cultural diversity
Nurture open communication among our community members
Promote continuous civic engagement among our community members through a process of open communication and education
Help keep our elected and appointed officials accountable
Help ensure access to government and information
BASTA WITH RESPECT
BASTA members are committed to restoring and maintaining ethical and honest government to the City of Bell. We will do so by exercising our rights to petition our city council in a respectful and peaceful manner.
BASTA Member Code of Conduct
- I will conduct myself in a manner which reflects the dignity and honor community stakeholders.
- I will speak honestly with no intent to deceive or mislead
- I will take personal accountability for my actions.
- I will exercise my right to share my opinion in a respectful and peaceful manner.
- I will be respectful of ALL people even if I am in disagreement.
- I will dedicate myself in achieving the mission of BASTA and keep the BASTA principles.
- I will be tolerant with regard to race, gender, age, creed, religious beliefs, national origin, sexual orientation, physical appearance or disability.